Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: I just figured out these buttons!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Exotic Ginger's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2000
    Posts
    1,081
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Arggggh!

    I couldn't figure out why I kept going to the wrong post every time I clicked on "next".

    On Terry's form, if you are reading a thread and you want to quickly go to the next one, you click "next", and it takes you there.

    I just discovered that to do the same thing here you have to click on "previous". That confused the heck out of me for awhile. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner JaceSan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 1999
    Posts
    1,898
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've never used those buttons until you mentioned 'em. I usually just go back to the whole list and select the thread I want to jump into.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member RichC's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 1999
    Posts
    1,307
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I do that too. I think it's left over from the old days where there would be 5 people on at once all the time constently updating threads.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Neophobic Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2002
    Posts
    2,107
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I prefer to stick to the outdated methods rather than using all those new fangled buttons...goes with the name...

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Exotic Ginger's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2000
    Posts
    1,081
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Up until now, I was just going back to the main window every time too, but that gets tiring because I find this board so slow to load. Sometimes I could make a coffee in the time this board loads a new page.

    Does anyone else find that? I mean, I've been on different forums, and none of them seem to load as slow as this one. *sighs*

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Neophobic Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2002
    Posts
    2,107
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Maybe it's just my cable modem, but no, I don't seem to have any real trouble with this Forum...

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner Branflakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 1999
    Posts
    2,290
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This board does slow down at times, but nothing like it used to. Of course, I imagine things might feel different on a dial-up connection (if that's what you have, Gem).

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner JaceSan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 1999
    Posts
    1,898
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think the ad banner at the top is what slows the loading down at times. The animated ads are a pain in the ass at any site. The newest pop-up ones are even worse. I was playing Spy Hunter at shockwave the other night and a pop-up ad ruined my game. How do we filter those things out?

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Exotic Ginger's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2000
    Posts
    1,081
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Actually, I have high speed internet, and no problems on any other boarrds except this one. Its not just the adds but all the images that take forever to load on this one. All other web sites load almost instantaneously for me, but this one just drags on and on.

    In fact, its the number one reason I didn't join all of you over here in conversation before this.

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner JaceSan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 1999
    Posts
    1,898
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The avatars slow down the loading of a thread as well. Geekgirl's powerpuff girl used to really mess up loading for me.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ May 01, 2003 09:45 AM: Message edited by: JaceSan ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •